Our Sunday Family Gathering



Growing up is not easy - life can get really hectic at times. Sometimes it makes it hard to see our loves ones because everyone if running around. But because of this, I got the idea to schedule some time with them. I talked to my sis about it and it was decided to have a family gathering the second Sunday of every month - alternating places. This past Sunday, it was my turn and I decided to make an extra special meal since you all know how much I love cooking. I spent all day preparing for our gathering because I went grocery shopping that same day (another thing I love to do but that's a different post) and even though my feet hurt afterwards - I was a happy camper at the end of the day.

The menu consisted of:

- Spiced Pork with Bourbon Reduction Sauce

- Broccoli Casserole

- Garlicky Red Potatoes

- Stuffed Mushrooms

- Lettuce leaves stuffed with mandarin oranges, honey roasted walnuts, goat cheese drizzle with a balsamic vinegar reduction

- Raspberry Tiramisu

- Strawberry and Blueberry Bellinis

Don't get too excited, these are all very simple dishes with real serious names. You know me...I simplify everything so no fuzz about any of these dishes - I promise!

Comments

Popular Posts