Fourth of July Front Door Decor






With Independance day approaching, I decided to change my door hanging decor. Remember the letter initial I wrapped with twine to hang on the door? If not, you can find the tutorial here. I told you how I could just change the decor/colors according to the season, right? Well, I did to make it a little festive for the 4th of July and here is the result:

























It was very simple. All I did was to add new ribbon and make a super fabric flower with material I already had on hand. I saw a tutorial for this flower a while back and made it based on that but I, for the life of me, can not find it now. I would love to link it to the blog so I will if I find it. Here is what I did.

1) Start by cutting your circles in different sizes. The size is up to you - it will depend on how big/small you want your flower. Also, I only did 3 but you can do 4 and it will look fuller.

2) Then fold the circles in half and then half again like this:


3) Add a couple of stitches to the bottom (see above picture), open them and place one of top of another (biggest circle in the bottom and smallest on top). Add a couple of stitches through the middle to hold all the circles in place. Add a button of your preference and voila! you have a flower. Very Simple.




Happy 4th of July everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts