Creating New Dishes!

One of the things that I enjoy sometimes is a good brainstorming session with myself. Because of the struggle you all know I have about following recipes - I tend to simply look through cookbooks and stare at the pictures studying the idea of what's in the dish. Then I pace back and forth from my pantry to the refrigerator to see what I have on hand. Wasting food drives me insane so during the week I will make up a dish with whatever I have and I refuse to go buy more stuff at the store!

Since I know some of my friends and family will read my blog, maybe I should apologize to them for serving them dishes I create :) - and the future ones I will serve them. I can't promise I won't do it again - All I think is food and what to make next from the hundreds of recipes I've read. Here are a few pics of some of my made up dishes - Proceed with caution, I am not promising some of these dishes won't look scary to eat - but I do promise they are tasty :)


Shrimp and Veggie Stew with avocado and garlic/olive oil toast-trying to use ingredients I had on hand

Grilled Sea Scallops on a bed of Gnocchi with spinach, roasted sweet potatoes and a garlic creamy sauce - It was my attempt to recreate a dish from Bravos Italian Restaurant I tried a while back
Roasted Potatoes, sauteed spinach and chipotle cilantro roasted chicken
Tomato Basil soup, salmon cakes and a salad tossed with a light vinagrette dressing

Comments

Popular Posts