Mastering the Art of Cooking

My passion for cooking is not a mystery for anyone. I might not be an expert but I surely enjoy trying out new recipes. I wish I had all the time in the world to just cook but I have to share my passion for cooking with my regular 8 - 5 job. Although this has not stopped me from still preparing all kind of dishes for my husband and I. This week's menu so far included 2 French dishes and 1 Italian. Truly enjoying the French cooking - I got the Julia Child's book as a gift for my birthday from my friend Captain Beauty. I couldn't have been happier and I have enjoyed reading it every night and while doing it my mind goes wondering to another world called cookingland - haha. I decided to try 2 of the recipes from the book this week: Suprêmes de Volaille aux Champignons with Pommes de Terre Sautêes. I also made Daube de Agneau with riz. Of course this dishes sound absolutely exotic in that romantic language but in plain English is simply Chicken Breast with mushrooms and cream with Potatoes sautee in butter. The Daube de Agneau is just lamb stew and I served it with rice. I have to say that I was impressed with my first attempt. The flavors were just amazing - specially the chicken. It was heartwarming to have the aroma of the different ingredients throughout my house. It was a wonderful way to just sit back and relax with a glass of chilled rosê.

For my Italian experience I made infornato frutti di mare spaghetti - Baked seafood spaghetti. This turned out really good as well and it was really easy to make. I used scallops, shrimp and clams - all frozen of course - unfortunately living in this part of the country has a few consequences but this didn't stop the dish from being delicious.

I keep forgetting to take pictures of the finished products - mostly because I don't want to plate them perfectly or because my husband is on my back trying to reach for his plate because he is hungry - haha.

I managed to quickly snatch a few pictures:


Stay tuned and feel free to contact me if you would like to have any of the recipes.

Until next time...

Comments

Popular Posts