Latest Sewing Projects.




So my latest "crafty" endeavour is sewing. I had never done it before and so I asked my husband for a sewing machine for Thanksgiving LOL. I asked for an inexpensive one because I wasn't sure I would know how to do it given that I had never even touched one before in my life. But I tend to think I can do everything I set my mind to do. So I have been slowly teaching myself how to do it. I first made panels for my youngest daughter's nursery. They turned out cute - not perfect but cute. Then, we were taking a quick trip to visit friends and family and in an attempt to make gifts a bit more personal, I decided to make the gifts myself. Most of my friends have girls so what a perfect occasion to make pillowcase dresses. Definitely one of my favorite styles of little girls' dresses but also the easiest to make for beginners. I also made tank top dresses by adding a ruffle skirt to a store bought tank top. Super cute and equally easy. So here are my final products. Completely forgot to take proper pictures but I had some on my phone I took along the way to send to my friend back home. For the pillowcase dresses, I used this tutorial Easiest Pillowcase Dress Ever and had a girl I know embroider the names and initials for me.


For the tank top dress I used Easy Ruffle Dress. And what can you tell me about the adorable little girls wearing the dresses? The brunette and the one with red hair are twins - how beautiful are they? And then the one with dark hair is my oldest daughter - my beautiful princess. I made one for my youngest daughter but she was in the carrier the whole time she wore it so no pictures of her. What do you all think?





Follow Me on Pinterest

Comments

Popular Posts