Oatmeal cookies with a twist



My sweet MIL (mother in law) came to stay with us for a month to help us out when we had our second daughter. And my wonderful husband asked her to make oatmeal cookies. Well, she did and OMG how delicious they are. They are addictive so I had to ask her to make us more before she left. These are not your regular oatmeal cookies I gotta say. Normally hers have raisins and pecans which is pretty good but, we asked her to add cranberries instead (my husband is not a fan of raisins) and then my husband had the brilliant idea to have her add some chocolate chips as well. It is truly an explosion of favors. Like I've said before, I was not much into sweets before my second pregnancy and cookies were definitely at the bottom of the list of things I sort of liked but now I am hooked. What I like about them is that they are not awfully sweet which is perfect. Yes, yes, I will share the recipe with you. I've added a few pics as well so you get the idea. I hope you all like them as much as we do.



Ingredients
2 cups of sifted all purposed flour
1/2 cup white sugar
1 1/4 cup of brown sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups oatmeal old fashioned oats
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup of chocolate chips
1 1/4 cup soften (room temperature) unsalted butter
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars, then add the eggs, vanilla, and milk. Mix until blended. In a separate bowl combine the sifted flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Stir in the creamed mixture. Mix in oatmeal, dried cranberries, chocolate chips, and pecans until well blended. When the mixture is done, drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets (at least 2 inches apart). Bake for 17 minutes in preheated oven. Cool cookies on a wire rack.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts