A Spoiled Dad!

 For Father's day this year, I wanted to make my husband feel special. This is the first year with both girls and he works so hard for us. He is not only a great husband but he is really an amazing dad to our children. So rather than buying him a gift (I couldn't think of anything I could get him that he couldn't get himself), I wanted to make the day super special for him. I got him cards from both girls and our dog Maximus - then I had hand prints (and paw print) from them on their cards. It was really cute. And to top it all off, I made him yummy treats all day. For Breakfast I made this Breakfast Skillet using my cast iron skillet for the first time :). I didn't really follow the recipe and reduced the quantities because it was just for the 3 of us. I also added machaca which is basically dried beef that it's used in Mexico for a number of dishes. It was delicious and my husband had a delicious bloody mary I made him to go with it. Then for lunch we had prosciutto and spinach flatbread. I don't have a recipe for this. I just used Mediterranean flat bread and added marinara sauce, fresh mozzarella cheese, prosciutto and spinach and bake it in the oven at 400 deg until hot and the cheese melted. I made a fruit pie (see recipe below) for dessert and we had red wine. For dinner I just made guacamole to munch on because we were full from eating all day. It was a very nice day where we just ate all day long and spent lots of time together as a family. I think he had a good day. 



Fruit Pie Ingredients:
1 Frozen Pie Crust
1 8oz pack of softened cream cheese
1 1/2ish cups of powdered sugar - You can add more if you would like it a tad sweeter but be careful not to add too much because the pie crust is already sweet.
1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
Fresh strawberries, blueberries and a canned of peach (drained)
Directions
Bake the pie crust per package instructions - let it cool before using. Mix the softened cream cheese with the powder sugar, when soft, add the vanilla and mix again. Pour this cream mixture into the pie crust. Then sliced the strawberries and arrange on top of the cream as you wish. Enjoy!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Comments

Popular Posts