For the love of anything lemon 🍋




While shopping in our favorite place, AKA Costco, my girls insisted they wanted to buy lemons because they wanted some in their tea - which they don't drink btw - but we agreed. Who wouldn't want a giant  bag of LEMONS!!! What would I do with it? Put them in a vase as decor, make citrus salmon, lemony chicken and orzo soup and of course, a lemon cake. And so I did!

I used This recipe but, you guessed it, I did it my way: 
- I don't own a zester so I used a potato peeler and then finely chopped
- I reduced the amount of sugar by 1/4 cup
- I just eyebowled the amount of powdered sugar for the icing and didn't want too much of it so mine was runnier and not a thick layer
- I used organic raw sugar instead of white 
- I served with fresh blueberries  

The end result was a deliciously moist, tangy, not too sweet dessert my family devoured in 2 days. We had it for dessert after our Friday night steak and salad meal and then all day the next day while enjoying a long awaited snow storm. It was perfect!


Comments

Popular Posts