Condensed Milk Cake - Cravings anyone?

Let me start by saying I have never been too big on desserts but ever since I got pregnant with my second baby - and after the first 18 weeks of being sick - I developed a sweet tooth. I would crave sweets over anything. Well, sweets and for some reason cheese, butter, steak and bread. I couldn't get enough. Now, my daughter is 5 1/2 weeks and I am still craving sweets like crazy. On Monday my sweet tooth kicked into high gear and I needed dessert so bad (even though I am beyond exhausted and sleep deprived considering I have the baby + a 17 1/2 month old toddler), I couldn't shake the thought of devouring a cake from my head. So I went through my pantry and I found a box of yellow cake - ok, I must admit I am not big into using box cakes but I keep a few boxes in my pantry for desperate moments - lol. I then thought, why not add a few other ingredients to make it more "homemade"? So I grabbed a can of condensed milk, some orange juice and melted butter instead of using oil. And it resulted in a delicious quick cake for me to eat - I even managed to share some with my husband and daughter #1 :). So here it is if you ever feel desperate for a easy delicious cake:




Ingredients:

1 box of yellow cake - I used Duncan Hines but I am sure you can use any other brand
1 can of condensed milk
1/2 cup of orange juice
1/2 stick of butter

Directions:

Whisk the butter, condensed milk and orange juice together and then add the cake mix and whisk until smooth. Set aside. In a separate bowl whisk the eggs and gently fold into the previous mixture. This will make your cake feel lighter (although this is not a light cake - it will be a bit dense but super moist and yummy). Then prepare the pan dish of your preference (butter and flour) - I used a bundt cake pan but you can also use a pound cake pan. Pour the mix and bake per the box instructions. In my case, it was 35 mins at 375 deg F.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts