Decadent Plum Bread


 
While having an "eat a lot of fruit mood" one day, I bought a big container of plums. Well, the truth is, I love fruit but no matter how much I eat, I couldn't possibly eat a whole container by myself. I then started thinking what could I make with them to use them all up and while searching online I came across a delicious recipe. I couldn't believe how easy yet decadent this bread turned out. So moist cake-like deliciousness. All recipes.





Ingredients:
1 cup pitted, chopped plums
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour1/2 cup margarine
1 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda1/3 cup plain yogurt (I used Greek yogurt and added 1/4 cup of whole milk)
1/4 cup brown sugar
 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
Sprinkle chopped plums with 1 tablespoon of flour in a bowl, and toss to coat. Set aside. In a large bowl, beat the margarine, white sugar, and vanilla extract with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs. In another bowl, sift together 1 1/2 cup of flour with salt and baking soda. Stir the dry ingredients into the egg mixture, alternating with yogurt until the mixture forms a smooth batter. Lightly stir in the flour-coated plums, and pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle the top of the batter with brown sugar.
Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool in the pan before slicing (if you can resist the temptation).

Bon Appetit!

Comments

Popular Posts